What is Wanna Cry Ransomware
It is a type of malicious software that infect computers, and then prevent the user from accessing the operating system, or encrypts all the data stored on the computer.
The user is then asked to pay a fixed amount of money, to decrypt the data files or allowing access again to the operating system.
Wanna Cry Ransomware Prevention Guidelines:
- Be careful to click on harmful links in your emails.
- Be wary of visiting unsafe or unreliable sites.
- Never click on a link that you do not trust on a web page or access to Facebook or messaging applications such as Whatsap and other applications.
- If you receive a message from your friend or client with a link, ask the sender before opening the link to confirm, because infected machines will send random messages with links to their address list withour the user knowing it.
- Keep your files backed up regularly.
- Be aware of fake e-mail messages that uses names similar to popular services such as PayePal instead of PayPal or use popular service names without commas or excessive characters.
- Use anti virus and always make it up to update.
- Make sure your windows updated to close the gap.
To update Windows manually:
- MS17-010 Update for Windows 8.1
- MS17-010 Update for Windows 10
- Update link for MS17-010 for Windows 7 and Server 2008
- Links Update for MS17-010 for Windows XP and Server 2003
To know more about Wanna Cry Ransomware, please see the following links