When it come to purchase a new storage media, it is always confusing and user tense to face difficulty in choosing HDD or SSD. As there are numerous factors and ways in storing data, here are some tips and factors from Ever Higher Data Recovery Centre.
Hard Drive Disk (HDD)
You can find HDD everywhere such as computer, external hard drive, server, laptop. It works with platter, motor, R/W head and of course magnetic material. All data will be saved on your platter.
Solid State Drive (SSD)
SSD is rapidly becoming popular. It stores your data in flash storage. As compared to HDD, it does not have a hardware component for storing data. Because of SSD does not need a reading arm such as R/W head to access the data, it can outperform the HDD in term of speed.
Which to choose?
Well, it depends on your purpose of using this storage media. Below are some references:
- SSD is better than HDD. SSD relies on their controller for read and write data, it does not have a mechanical arm that make it perform better
- HDD is ahead of SSD in term of capacity. For heavy downloaders, the HDD will meet your requirement.
- HDD will be cheaper as compared to SSD.
- Convenient Level
- SSD is very convenient and light. User can move it while in use and it will not affect the storage media. It is because that SSD does not have a mechanical component.
- Data Lost
- The percentage of data recovered for HDD are higher than SSD. The recovery process can be done partially due to the data stored on the platter. As for SSD, it will depend on the chips’ situation.
If you need a storage medium with good performance, SSD will be your choice. But, if the purpose of using storage media just for precious data, the HDD is recommended because you will have higher chances in getting your data back if drive faulty.